I live outside the UK. Can I hire a motorhome?

It depends on which country you live in outside the UK and where your driver’s licence is issued.

Recently we have had enquiries from customers who live outside the UK wanting to hire a motorhome. Why not, Great Britain is a beautiful country with a host of sights to see and something to experience every day.

Our motorhomes are available to hire for travellers who live outside the UK and hold a foreign licence. But the criteria varies for different countries.

EU, New Zealand and Australia

If you live and hold a driver’s licence issued in the EU, New Zealand and Australia we require the following documents:
• Copy of Driver’s Licence
• Copy of Passport
• 2 x Proof of Address
• Confirmation in writing (can be email) that there are no driving convictions
• Cleared traceable security deposit
These will documents will be passed to our insurer.
We are also required to view your driver’s licence and passport when picking up the motorhome.

Other Countries

For other countries outside the UK, we require a Driver’s Referral Form to be completed and submitted to our insurer. Along with a valid International driving permit for the dates of hire. We recommend you send an enquiry via email to getaway@tripz.co.uk before making an online booking. You can check whether you are eligible to drive in the UK at https://www.gov.uk/driving-nongb-licence.

Living in the UK

Travellers who hold an EU driving licence and have lived in the UK for more than 12 months are covered as standard. Our standard criteria stated in the Terms & Conditions will need to be met. For hirers living in the UK for less than 12 months a copy of the driver’s passport is required.

When travelling from outside the UK to a local airport or sea port Tripz.uk will be happy to meet you there. This will be an extra costs. A quotation will be sent once the motorhome hire booking is confirmed and we have your flight/ferry details. Alternatively if you would like to know the cost before making your motorhome hire booking please send us an email getaway@tripz.co.uk.

Whether you live in the UK or outside the UK you must agree to our Terms & Conditions before booking your motorhome hire. So be sure to read them thoroughly.

For more information of our standard criteria and which documents are required before hire can go ahead 👉 Hire 4 Berth or Hire 6 Berth pages.




Sign in

Send Message

My favorites

Pet Policy

We know how important it is to you that we allow furry friends into our Motorhomes, that’s why we do!

We want you to enjoy adventures together, providing of course you and your pet abide by our house rules outlined here and, in our terms and conditions, to which you must agree.

  • You agree your Pet will not be left in the Motorhome unattended.
  • You will not allow your pet on any of the soft furnishings or upholstery (including the beds, seats / sofas)
  • You will return our Motorhome in a clean and tidy condition as if your pet was never present.
  • You agree if you return our Motorhome unclean/untidy, if it is evident your pet was present, and if any pet hairs are found, cleaning charges and upholstery cleaning charges will apply. The minimum charge for this is £100.00
  • You agree to cover the cost of all damage caused by a pet, even if it exceeds the Security Deposit (as outlined in section 13 of our terms and conditions)